2.23.2015

Seeds



Coming out of Imbolc and St. Valentine's Day...feeling the rising energies of the year as the wheel turns and the seed of Yang is visible within the winter of Yin.  The original word for Imbolc, that time of year halfway between the Winter Solstice and Spring Equinox, was Imbolg which means "in the belly."  
Life force is stirring under that snow...life is stirring in our bellies... 
 The lower Dantian, or "sea of Qi" is found below the navel.  This is a particularly good time of year to do meditative and energetic work that focuses on this area.  Keep it warm, front and back.  
Nurture these creative energies.




It's also that time of year when the bird song has changed for they know it will be warm soon enough and it is time to mate so as to give birth at the start of the warm season, leaving room for the possibility of another pregnancy before the cool season returns again.  Their songs sing of desire and offer, readiness and display, protection and guarding.  And with this life goes on...  
 Valentine's Day has its origin in the birds choosing their mates.  




There are many "mates" for us to choose.  Symbolically anything we tie ourselves to is our mate.  Our jobs, our hobbies, our companions, our places...  What are you "breeding,"  what are you creating?  
Female and male alike can be "pregnant" with possibilities...  The energy of the wheel of the year lends itself to this latent energy being fertilized.




The choices you make now will affect the entire next year.




This is also the time I take inventory of my seeds, determining what I want to grow this year, what I have, what else I need to acquire, what I want to try that is new to me...  See the similarity?  
Each choice we make is like a seed.  What "plants" will you grow this year?




So... in this larger time we find ourselves, this time of mass extinction and severe ecosystem disruption (our life support system), this time that may be a miscarriage of ourselves, I find myself thinking about what is truly meaningful, what I can do to create the future I want for myself, for all of us...  
I attempt to reside with the sacred amongst the destruction.  Our great womb, the Mother Earth, is pregnant too, may She be the mate we all choose.


Titled:  'On Death, Delusion, and Sanctity'




No comments:

Post a Comment