2.10.2016

Take and Eat of this Body: a collection of words and images

"If one doubts the walking of the mountains, 
one doesn't even yet know one's own walking."
- Dogen


'Primordial Herald'


"The further a society drifts from the truth, 
the more it will hate those that speak it."
 - George Orwell


The talkative Wren


"Everyone has talent.  What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads."
 - Erica Jong


'The Birth of Death' 




“For a long time I have kept silent, I have been quiet and held myself back. But now, like a woman in childbirth, I cry out, I gasp and pant. I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them; I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth. These are the things I will do; I will not forsake them.” - Isaiah 42:14-16



Firewood Rainbow


"I feel and think much as you do, 
care about many of the things you care about, 
although most people do not care about them. 
You are not alone."
- Kurt Vonnegut



'The Future's Provenance'





"It is ironic that, while concentrating 
on the defense of our country from enemies 
who would destroy it from without, 
we should be so heedless of those 
who would destroy it from within."
- Rachel Carson
 

Rippling Out Through Eons:  A Rock Found at Work


"Those who don't feel this Love pulling them like a river, 
those who don't drink dawn like a cup of spring water 
or take in sunset like supper, those who don't want to change, 
let them sleep." 
- Rumi


Cars that used to be - on their way to being something else...

“I’d rather be whole than good.”
 - Carl Jung

No comments:

Post a Comment