8.26.2015

Delving into Sacred Bee Mystery

Watching one of my favorite shows:  'Tales of the Bee'.


Apes ego divinas bestias puto.

Black Eyed Susan vine, Thunbergia alata









"Last night, as I was sleeping,
I dreamt – marvelous error! –
That I had a beehive
here inside my heart.
And the golden bees
were making white combs
And sweet honey
from my past mistakes."

- Antonio Machado


Lorax, who indeed speaks for the trees.


"A poet is someone
Who can pour Light into a spoon,
Then raise it
To nourish
Your beautiful, parched holy mouth."

 - Hafiz





Pollen laden - likely includes Goldenrod which began blooming recently.


"The Pedigree of Honey
Does not concern the Bee
  A Clover, any time, to him, Is Aristocracy."
 - Emily Elizabeth Dickinson c.1884


Monkey in her 6th year - breathtaking presence.

"But because being here means so much;
Because everything here,
Vanishing so quickly, seems to need us,
And strangely keeps calling to us...
To have been
Here once, completely, even if only once,
To have been at one with the earth -
This is beyond undoing."

 - Rainer Maria Rilke

For the Love of...



I do a lot of hive observation from outside the hives, not breaking open the propolis seal but a few times a year.  I like to sit with them, listen, watch, feel, smell, heartfeel...  I gain every time I do.  Marvelous Beings I am blessed to be on intimate terms with.

Maybe you're thinking of starting?  Now is a good time to begin that thought process, acquiring or building your hive over the coming winter, and then getting new bees come Spring.


~~~


"Do not try to save the whole world or do anything grandiose. Instead, create a clearing in the dense forest of your life and wait there patiently, until the song that is your life falls into your own cupped hands and you recognize and greet it. Only then will you know how to give yourself to this world so worth of rescue" - Martha Postlewaite

No comments:

Post a Comment